Eat - Away From Home
Fairs and Events
Fairs and other outdoor events can provide great opportunities for mingling with family and friends, trying new foods, and getting up close and personal with animals. Keep everyone in your family safe and healthy by washing hands before eating or drinking.
- Download our handwashing promotion posters to display at YOUR next public event, fair, or festival!
|Handwashing-Chick 8.5x11 11x17|
|Handwashing-Cow 8.5x11 11x17|
|Handwashing-Dog 8.5x11 11x17|
|Handwashing-Horse 8.5x11 11x17|
|Handwashing-Llama 8.5x11 11x17|
|Handwashing-Pig 8.5x11 11x17|
|Handwashing-Rabbit 8.5x11 11x17|
|Handwashing-Sheep 8.5x11 11x17|
|Handwashing-Turtle 8.5x11 11x17|
|Handwashing-World 8.5x11 11x17|
Food Safety in the Great Outdoors
Hitting the road for a picnic or camping trip? Cases of food poisoning peak in the summer months, so if you're taking a meal to the great outdoors, remember to follow basic food safety tips—from having a way to wash hands, to packing plenty of ice!
- How to Pack a Cooler | PDF
Safely enjoy nutritious foods on your next trip by following these tips for packing a cooler.
USDA Food Safety Education Resources
- Food Safety While Hiking, Camping & Boating | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
Whether you are in your kitchen or enjoying the great outdoors, there are some food safety principles that remain constant.
- Barbecue and Food Safety | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
Use these simple guidelines for grilling food safely.
- Handling Food Safely on the Road | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
Plan ahead and pack safely for the camping trip, boat ride, day at the beach or trip in the RV.